Your Ad Here
Google
 

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Asian Badminton Championships - Finals Predictions

Candra Wijaya/Nova Widianto vs. Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae
I have not seen Candra and Nova playing together yet, and I look forward to seeing them play. However, I have been extremely impressed with the way Candra and Nova have been creating upset after upset. Now, they face the overwhelming favorites and All England Champions Jung and Lee. Jung and Lee were impressive yesterday, but the question is that whether they can continue their scintillating performance. Hard to predict the winner.

Chen Jin vs. Park Sung Hwan
Mission accomplished by team China, after yesterday's acting by Lin Dan and Chen Jin. They should go for the Academy Awards. Seriously, the BWF should look into all these match fixing - if this were to happen in tennis, you would be sure that they would be suspended. However, in predicting this match, I think Park holds the upper hand, as I am extremely impressed by his dismissal of Sony Dwi Kuncoro in a titanic 70 minute match yesterday. Chen, after his 'convincing' win yesterday, is already in the Olympics, but still, I am not convinced by his performances this tournament.

Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs. Flandy Limpele/Vita Marrissa
Mission accomplished by team Indonesia too. In ordinary circumstances, I would say that Nova and Lilyana would win. However, Nova will be playing in the earlier MD match against Lee and Jung, and I expect that match to go the distance. Will Nova have enough strength to continue performing? I believe this match will come down to whether Nova has enough stamina to continue performing or not.

No comments: